Just like the skin around our eyes the skin on our neck and décolletage contain lesser oil glands and hair follicles. Also these parts of our skin are exposed the most to UV rays and other environment factors and thus lead their ageing faster which is why the skin looks duller and unhealthy as compared to that of our face.
Causes of tanning of neck and décolletage
- Ageing skin
- Breast squishing activities
- Sleeping on your side
- Sleeping with your bra on
When the skin is exposed to the sun the elastic fibers get broken down which results in the sagging and stretching of the skin. Gravity tugs and pulls are skin to cause wrinkles which needs to prevent at all costs. What you choose to put in your body is how your décolletage wrinkles will look like. Hence a balanced diet is extremely essential. Moisture makes our skin look resilient and plump hence hydration is the key. To make your skin look fresh again at-least 8 glasses of water needs to be introduced in your daily routine. If you want to understand better then read this great post on the best neck and decolletage treatment options.
This is how you can treat your neck and décolletage
- You have to go for gentle nourishment treatments that will stimulate the metabolism of your skin
- Prevent using any such products that will result in irritation
- The skin around the neck and décolletage are very thin and sensitive so you have to be careful of what products to use so that minimum harm is done
- Moisturize and hydrate your skin well
- Use a décolletage cream to protect your skin from damage
- Apply a good sunscreen with high SPF to protect the skin from burning or tanning
- If you want to make your skin feel hydrated you can throw on a face mask on those areas as they are great for giving a cooling effect.
- Use a cooling mist such as a menthol or cucumber mist to prevent any itching or inflammation on those areas
- You can also take the help of some skin tightening treatments to prevent harm
- You must include super foods with wrinkle repairing effects such as kiwi, almonds, buckwheat, avocado etc
- Drinking plenty of water can keep you hydrated and prevent décolletage wrinkles
- Laser treatments are also an alternative but they come with their own downsides
- Use a serum that will help rejuvenate your skin
- Use a breast pillow to avoid creasing and sweating
- Introduce leafy green vegetables in your diet and keep it clean
Read more: Can CBD Help In Heat Disease Treatment?
Décolletage forms an integral part of a feminine body and has a direct effect on the self worth and identity of women hence tanned necks and décolletage wrinkles need to be gotten rid of. So indulge in protecting your skin at all costs from damage as prevention is always better than cure.